Monday, April 28, 2008

No more Chipotle meals


I've posted to the right the nutrition of today's Chipotle order (Chicken burrito bol with rice, black beans, tomato salsa, corn salsa, cheese and lettuce).

I'm so very disappointed. I love getting lunch at Chioptle: fresh, tasty ingredients (they even sponsor a bicycle team!) that's served up to order.

I've been sticking to getting chicken burrito bols from Chipotle (cutting out the high-calorie tortilla) when I do go out to eat for lunch. And I thought this was a good thing.

You can futz around with your own order using this handy Chipotle Nutrition Facts Calculator.

I've seriously got to re-think my Chipotle affection altogether.

What gets me is the PDV of the cholesterol (from the chicken) and the SODIUM!!! (from the chicken, and, believe it or not, the salsas). Simply absurd how hight they are.

Grumble, grumble. Another food source drops off the list.

5 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Ah Chipotle. I love that place. Too bad you found the nutrition calculator =P. At least it's a good source of protein - 57!

KrisRobinson said...

I did the same thing and was most surprised and disappointed by the sodium content. I get the chicken salad bowl which cuts down on the carbs from the rice significantly, but the sodium is still a killer. The dressing that they give you for the salad is bad as well, although you can control how much to use because they serve it on the side.

Jenni G said...

I just stumbled across your blog looking for triathlon resources and had to comment on your post. I, too, had the air let out of my fast food balloon one day. I stopped at Panera Bread for a turkey sandwich and a bowl of vegetable soup. The sandwich was huge, so I only ate half. When I got home, I thought I'd look up the nutrition info so I could log my eats for the day. I ended up comsuming over half my calorie intake for the entire day in one meal! I was so MAD! How can you mess up TURKEY? I'm thinking they must have put a scoop of lard in the bread recipie or something.

Anyway, sorry to interject. Like your blog.

PS, I'm at BT, too! And loving every minute of it!

Unknown said...

Amazing what happens when you pay attention to the details.

In the office today, we were trying to come up with a plan to get around the high-sodium spike in a Chipotle meal... maybe we'll keep our own low-sodium salsa in the office and forgo Chipotle's own.

Now I'm super suspicious of anything that trumpets it's "healthiness" factor. There's gotta be a catch in there somewhere, no?

(oh, and welcome to the blog, jenni g!)