The answer is to sign up for other physical challenges, so now I've got a summer full of them. If you're going to be at any of these yourself, let me know!
- June 8 - Muddy Buddy - San Jose, CA
- June 21 - Tri for Fun - Pleasanton, CA
- July 11 - Climbing Mt. Whitney (going up to 14,500' again!)
- Sep 20 - Alcatraz Invitational Swim - San Francisco, CA
- Oct 2 - Rock n Roll San Jose Half Marathon - San Jose, CA
- Nov 27 - Silicon Valley Turkey Trot - San Jose, CA
Regardless, the event that's got me worried and is pushing me to train better is the Alcatraz swim in September.
Starting in May, I'll be joining the PCA Masters swim program to get my swim groove on. Given how much trouble I had with the swim in my triathlon, I can only think this is going to be a good thing.