Monday, February 18, 2008

Eight weeks to tri: sick leave over

I'm a third of the way through the training regimen. I can't believe it's just eight weeks until the race.

So, while I'm not feeling 100% healthy yet (I'm at about 85%), I jumped back into my training schedule yesterday with a 20 minute run on the treadmill at the gym followed by a quick change into my swim trunks and then 400m swimming in the pool.

The last 100m were a struggle, as I could feel how fatigued my body still is from being sick, and I think I know now why the swim comes first in competition: it's no fun needing to breathe but having to put your face in the water. Even so, I was able to concentrate on breathing every third or fourth stroke as well as trying to relax into the swim stroke.

In any case, it's good to be back on the schedule after the three days off. I'm still rather surprised I was actually missing the physical activity. Never thought I'd get to this point, but am glad to be here.

No comments: