Monday, November 19, 2007

four days to the 10k

Can it really be this week already? Oh yeah, that's why I signed up for the 10k, because time has a way of slipping on by if you're not careful.

So, in order to register to run in Thursday's Applied Materials Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, I had to join the active.com web site. Nice that active.com sent me a reminder this morning with all the event details inside. They even included a handy "don't forget" list with the essentials:
  • sunglasses
  • hat
  • sunscreen
  • safety ID tag (like the RoadID)
  • post-event snack
  • plenty of can-do attitude
Can-do attitude, indeed! I got my race packet including my runner's bib in the mail over the weekend, and I can feel the excitement coming on.

It's been seven and a half years since my last 10k when I ran the 2000 Rockville Pike's Peek in 52 minutes.  I'm looking forward to getting this next one out of the way to see how far I've yet to go in terms of performance.

Wish me luck!

No comments: