Sunday, January 20, 2008

I swim, at last!

Hooray! I finally made it into the pool this afternoon.

For the first time, I put on my sugoi swim trunks (couldn't go the full-on speedo route, so I bought the short "square shorts" instead), donned my swim cap and put on the goggles. I was ready to get wet, at last!

So, I did a preview of Tuesday's training session by swimming one length of the pool, focusing on technique, then pausing 30 seconds at the wall. Lather, rinse, repeat for a total of 10 minutes.

By the time I was on my 10th length of the pool (25m each length), I was amazed at what a good workout I'd had in such a short period of time with all that rest at the end of each length! Eesh, I've got my work cut out for me.

I can tell this swimming thing is going to be difficult. But if I can improve in the pool like I have running on the road, I'll have this thing licked by the time April 13 rolls around.

No comments: