Thursday, December 4, 2008

Screaming deal on Garmin Forerunner 305 thru 12/15

My lovely wife got me a Garmin Forerunner 305 as an early Father's Day present this year, and it is, hands down, my favorite gadget, and it really helped me to measure my progress over the year as I put in the miles and picked up speed.

Likes:
  • Customizable display
  • Alarms (distance/pace/HR)
  • Great tracking through multiple satellites
  • Quick-release system (sold separately) to use in running/biking bricks or races
  • Motionbased.com interface for online tracking and sharing of workouts (see my free motionbased account)
Dislikes
  • Form factor: it's a little bulky, but you get used to it
  • It's not waterproof so you can't wear it during the swim (doh!)
  • The mac interface isn't so grand, but this should affect you PC owners
Costco's got a deal on them for just $159.99 through December 15. (Back when I got mine, they were retailing for $250).

If you've been holding out on getting one, I highly recommend you get off the fence and go buy your Garmin Forerunner 305 now.

BTW, I have nothing to gain from this promotion other than to know others are enjoying the same cool technology I am.

No comments: